Forum: Typo First-time user questions

Jay L. (Guest)
I'm just importing my Movable Type blog into Typo 5.3.  A few random
questions:

1. It looks like the spam filtering only scans when comments/trackbacks
are
initially created. Is there a way to get it to re-scan everything
against
Akismet?

2. The admin UI is a little confusing and inconsistent with article
links.
Sometimes they take me to an editor window where I can edit the article
(from the Content tab); sometimes to the view of the article itself
(from
the Dashboard), sometimes to a list of comments that doesn't include the
original article (from the Feedback tab). Sometimes those URLs use the
article ID, sometimes the full SEO URL..

The result: If I'm looking at feedback, and I want to see the original
post
in context, I have to click on the article name to see the comments
list,
and click on the article name again to see the edit-the-article screen.
That
URL uses the article ID, but I don't know the route for "view an article
by
ID" (if there even is one) so that doesn't help. But from here, I can
see
which categories the article's in, and then I can go look at the real
blog
to drill down by category.. oy!

I feel like there's an opportunity for redesign, but I'm not sure what,
exactly.

- Is there any way to view trackbacks from the admin UI? The Feedback
tab
will list the trackbacks, but their excerpts are just the article title
(unless that's only for MT-imported trackbacks?)

- Are there any useful blogs I should follow, besides typosphere itself?

Thanks!

Jay L.
de Villamil Frédéric (Guest)
Le 26 avr. 09 à 01:51, Jay L. a écrit :

> I'm just importing my Movable Type blog into Typo 5.3.  A few random
> questions:

Great! Can we know the reason of the switch please?

> 1. It looks like the spam filtering only scans when comments/
> trackbacks are initially created. Is there a way to get it to re-
> scan everything against Akismet?

This is not possible yet, but I add it to the "Maybe someday" task list.

> 2. The admin UI is a little confusing and inconsistent with article
> links. Sometimes they take me to an editor window where I can edit
> the article (from the Content tab); sometimes to the view of the
> article itself (from the Dashboard), sometimes to a list of comments
> that doesn't include the original article (from the Feedback tab).
> Sometimes those URLs use the article ID, sometimes the full SEO URL..

I know, I've recorded every usability issue and plan to fix them when
I have some time. Admin was revamped screen after screen, without any
coherence (which sucks, because designing UI is my job)

> what, exactly.
It's planned, don't worry

> - Is there any way to view trackbacks from the admin UI? The
> Feedback tab will list the trackbacks, but their excerpts are just
> the article title (unless that's only for MT-imported trackbacks?)

I know, it's a bug, and it will be fixed in the next release.

> - Are there any useful blogs I should follow, besides typosphere
> itself?

Unfortunately, the 2 most active mainteners are french, and we're
blogging in French. I plan to blog about Typo in english too so that
people can follow me. You can follow my thoughts on
http://t37.net/category/typo/
  through google translate or Yahoo! pipes if you want. Cyril's blog
is blog.shingara.fr.

> Thanks!

You're welcome

> Jay L.

Frédéric de Villamil
"What's mine is mine. What's yours is still unsetteled" – Go player
proverb
removed_email_address@domain.invalid                        tel: +33 (0)6 62 19
1337
http://t37.net                       Typo : http://typosphere.org