Forum: GNU Radio Ubuntu 9.04 and GNU Radio

Robert McGwier (Guest)
I am not able to configure and compile GR on Ubuntu 9.04 using the
directions from the gnuradio.org/trac on any of three different
machines on which I attempted to do the upgrade.  I then tried on one
of them doing a raw install (the one with the least stuff on it).  The
same failure occurs, so updates do not appear to be broken.

Since several of us are making a big deal of gr-qtgui right now and
about to roll out several things which we think will be of interest to
people, it was disappointing to find that pyqt-qt4-qwt5 would not
install, complaining about python-2.6 being too new a version.

I think this is a temporary problem, caused by recent updates to
Ubuntu 9.04 repositories, but thankfully, there is an easy remedy that
just works.

If you go the  PyQwt home page, and download PyQwt 5.1.0 source,  pay
attention to the requisites and make sure you have apt-get them (sip4,
 pyqt-qt4-dev, ....) ,  GR makes and runs with gr-qtgui enabled.

Bob
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 16:34 -0400, Robert McGwier wrote:

> I think this is a temporary problem, caused by recent updates to
> Ubuntu 9.04 repositories, but thankfully, there is an easy remedy that
> just works.
>
> If you go the  PyQwt home page, and download PyQwt 5.1.0 source,  pay
> attention to the requisites and make sure you have apt-get them (sip4,
>  pyqt-qt4-dev, ....) ,  GR makes and runs with gr-qtgui enabled.

Just FYI, however, if you aren't using gr-qtgui, GNU Radio compiles and
installs just fine on Ubuntu 9.04, on two of my lab machines here, by
just upgrading them with their currently installed packages from 8.10.

Johnathan
Tom R. (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Johnathan C.
>> people, it was disappointing to find that pyqt-qt4-qwt5 would not
> Just FYI, however, if you aren't using gr-qtgui, GNU Radio compiles and
> installs just fine on Ubuntu 9.04, on two of my lab machines here, by
> just upgrading them with their currently installed packages from 8.10.
>
> Johnathan

And to clarify farther, we do not require PyQwt. We require the QWT
library, but not the Python version of it. When I upgraded from Ubuntu
8.10 to 9.04 last night, I have been able to build and run GNU Radio
just fine out of the box. However, I have heard that both Bob and at
least one other person has had trouble with this. I would be
interested to hear how other people are getting along with this.

Tom
Robert McGwier (Guest)
This is my fault.  I wrote the Ubuntu instructions when we started
this Qt trip and they have been copied and pasted.  I ASSUMED we were
going to use PyQwt.   I will remove it from the gnuradio.org/trac
pages.

Bob
Robert McGwier (Guest)
I have removed the offending package from the build instructions on trac
wiki

This explains why Tom could get it to build and I could not get started!

Thanks,
Bob