Forum: IronRuby Status of OpenSSL

Jirapong N. (Guest)
I am working on OpenSSL implementation for IronRuby. base on ruby
spec, the results looked like this.

4 files, 8 examples, 2 expectations, 2 failures, 6 errors

My first implementation is
http://github.com/Jirapong/ironruby/commit/9758534...
After that, results:

4 files, 8 examples, 770 expectations, 0 failures, 2 errors

There are more methods and specs require in order to make rubygems and
rails work.

e.g. From rubygems unit tests

4: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::X509
2: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::PKey
2: SSL is not installed on this system

I will keep working on the implementation.

Thanks,
-Jirapong
Tomas M. (Guest)
Instead of
var result = new StringBuilder(length);
byte[] data = new byte[length];

var generator = new Crypto.RNGCryptoServiceProvider();

generator.GetBytes(data);
for (int i = 0; i < length; i++) {
  result.Append(Convert.ToChar(data[i]));
}
return MutableString.Create(result.ToString());

you should create binary mutable string directly from the bytes:

byte[] data = new byte[length];
var generator = new Crypto.RNGCryptoServiceProvider();
generator.GetBytes(data);

return MutableString.CreateBinary(data);

Tomas

I am working on OpenSSL implementation for IronRuby. base on ruby spec,
the results looked like this.

4 files, 8 examples, 2 expectations, 2 failures, 6 errors

My first implementation is
http://github.com/Jirapong/ironruby/commit/9758534...
After that, results:

4 files, 8 examples, 770 expectations, 0 failures, 2 errors

There are more methods and specs require in order to make rubygems and
rails work.

e.g. From rubygems unit tests

4: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::X509
2: uninitialized constant OpenSSL::PKey
2: SSL is not installed on this system

I will keep working on the implementation.

Thanks,
-Jirapong
Jirapong N. (Guest)
Hi Tomas,
  That's work! please find change at cf5883e

Thank you,
-Jirapong