Forum: Ruby on Rails question about running ror apps

Paul N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-25 20:32
hi all,

i have got my laptop for making apps in ror but im just wondering when i
setup my server to run it do i install ruby irb gems, or do i just
install ruby as this will be only to run it.

ps. what others bits do it need to install for mysql to work with ruby
etc.

thanks
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-26 01:06
Paul Na wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i have got my laptop for making apps in ror but im just wondering when i
> setup my server to run it do i install ruby irb gems, or do i just
> install ruby as this will be only to run it.

Irb is only required if you want to run the Rails console.  You don't
need it to run the server.  (But I recommend installing irb anyway,
because the console is very useful.)

> ps. what others bits do it need to install for mysql to work with ruby
> etc.

Well, you'll need the appropriate mysql library...I'm not sure at this
point what that is, since I avoid mySQL.

> thanks

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser