Forum: Ruby net/ftp

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Joe G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 22:19
(Received via mailing list)
There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone
have a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all
possible arguments that you can pass to ls?

--
Joseph Gutierrez
Web D. - Inc21
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Ben L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 23:46
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM, Joe G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> There's a method in Ruby's net/ftp library called list/ls. Does anyone have
> a list (or can someone point me to a place that has a list) of all possible
> arguments that you can pass to ls?
> --
> Joseph Gutierrez
>

You can pass anything you want as it isn't checked. I don't think the
FTP
protocol actually specifies any arguments for LIST/LS. If you're asking
which arguments are going to actually produce a meaningful result, I'm
not
sure where to point you.

Regards,
Ben
Giampaolo Rodola' (Guest)
on 2009-04-25 23:21
(Received via mailing list)
On 24 Apr, 21:45, Ben L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> protocol actually specifies any arguments for LIST/LS. If you're asking
> which arguments are going to actually produce a meaningful result, I'm not
> sure where to point you.
>
> Regards,
> Ben

FTP's LIST, NLST, MLSD and MLST commands accept an argument which
represents the *path*.
If you send something like "LIST foo" the content of the directory
"foo" will be returned.


--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
Ben L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-25 23:29
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Giampaolo Rodola' 
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> > > --
>
> FTP's LIST, NLST, MLSD and MLST commands accept an argument which
> represents the *path*.
> If you send something like "LIST foo" the content of the directory
> "foo" will be returned.
>
>
> --- Giampaolo
> http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
>
>
Of course it does. I should have been clearer in my response :) Apart
from
the obvious path argument, I'm not aware of any others ;)

Ben
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.