Forum: Ruby Rack, map (forward) Port to URI

Alexey P. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 15:39
Hello, Is that possible to map Port to URI with Rack?

I want to integrate Site writen in Ruby with Zimbra Mail and some other
systems:

Site URI: www.company.com/site <= localhost:80
Zimbra Mail: www.company.com/site/mail <= localhost:81
App XXX: www.company.com/site/xxx <= localhost:XX

As i understand it's possible to do with Unix Port Forwarding and Some
Apache Machinery, but it would be a lot simpler and better to do it with
Rack.

Thanks!
David M. (Guest)
On Friday 24 April 2009 06:39:31 Alexey P. wrote:
> Hello, Is that possible to map Port to URI with Rack?

Probably...

> I want to integrate Site writen in Ruby with Zimbra Mail and some other
> systems:
>
> Site URI: www.company.com/site <= localhost:80
> Zimbra Mail: www.company.com/site/mail <= localhost:81
> App XXX: www.company.com/site/xxx <= localhost:XX

You want a proxy.

> As i understand it's possible to do with Unix Port Forwarding

Nope.

> and Some
> Apache Machinery,

Apache, or nginx, or perlbal, or...

You may find a proxy that someone has built on Rack, but you really
don't want
to do this yourself. I'd recommend you just use nginx.