Forum: Ruby on Rails ApplicationController never fires

Mongeta 9. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 13:00
Hello,

I'm having a very strange problem, it seems that my
application_controller.rb never fires.

I create a new rails for testing and I'm having the same problem, but I
have other rails app that work perfectly, with 2.2.2 and with 2.3.2.

If I change the name of the application_controller I get the normal
error message:

uninitialized constant ApplicationController

But in the app that I'm having problems, no matter wich name my
Application controller has, I never get this error, and the methods
defined there never fire ...

Where I can start digging for this ????

thanks,

r.
Frederick C. (Guest)
> defined there never fire ...

What do you mean by never fire ? Also be aware of the fact that the
file that rails looks for application_controller in changed in 2.3.2
from application.rb to application_controller.rb

Fred
Mongeta 9. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 13:15
Frederick C. wrote:
>> defined there never fire ...
>>
> What do you mean by never fire ? Also be aware of the fact that the
> file that rails looks for application_controller in changed in 2.3.2
> from application.rb to application_controller.rb
>
> Fred

yes, I know the name has changed, no matter wich name my
ApplicationController has, or if I completely remove it, I'm not getting
any warning/error.

The problem is that I'm using some filters around_filter :user_type and
the method user_type is defined in my application_controller, but I'm
getting the undefined method `user_type' for
#<DocumentsController:0x25bdfe0>

Is there I way to ommit completely the application_controller ???

thanks ......

r.
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 2:15 AM, Raimon Fs
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> wrote:

> yes, I know the name has changed, no matter wich name my
> thanks ......
>
> r.
> --

How are you controller classes (i.e. ApplicationController
and DocumentsController)
defined?  Is this Rails application upgraded from a previous application
(i.e. 2.2.2)?
If this is the case, did you "rake rails:update"?

-Conrad
Mongeta 9. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 13:40
After creating a new rails and added some of my code, the problem
appeared again ...

I'm really stupid as I had a controller defined as a <
ActionController::Base instead of < ApplicationController ... so I had
two ApplicationControllers defined but rails didn't catch this ...

sorry and thanks for your help ...

regards,

r.