Forum: Ruby Ruby 1.8.7-p72 installation on windows

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 07:51
Hi...
I m newb looking for help..

i want to install ruby 1.8.7 on my windows machine..

i extracted the zip file of ruby Ruby 1.8.7-p72 Binary  in
http://www.ruby-
lang.org/en/downloads/

after that what should i do for installing ruby 1.8.7

how should i complile the ruby binary version...

Pls help me on...

Any links to guide installtion of ruby 1.8.7 binary version on
windows...

Thanks a lot for your time
Roger P. (Guest)
on 2009-05-01 14:45
Newb N. wrote:
> Hi...
> I m newb looking for help..
>
> i want to install ruby 1.8.7 on my windows machine..

I'd probably recommend the one click installer of version 1.8.6, just to
get you started.  If you *really* want to go down the hard path then you
could download and install the one click installer then "replace" the
ruby.exe within it with the 1.8.7 version--i've never tried it but it
might work.
If you'd like to compile it yourself I'd suggest re posting your
question to the rubyinstaller mailing list.
Cheers!
-=r