Forum: NGINX Nginx "Bug"?

Paul (Guest)

I don't know if Igor S. is aware of this:

When running nginx in debug mode (I was debugging a custom module for
nginx
in gdb):
master_process  off;
daemon off;
Nginx breaks down when sending a HUP signal (reload configuration), it
just
closes the connections after they were established.

I was testing it with many modules and some patches on 0.7.51 with extra
compile options -o0 and -ggdb, but I did another test without any
options
given to ./configure with 0.7.52 and the problem occures there too.

I don't know if Igor S. does care about it because those option are
only for debugging, but just to let you know.

greetings,
Paul van der Linden
Igor S. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 02:07:09PM +0200, Paul wrote:

> I was testing it with many modules and some patches on 0.7.51 with extra
> compile options -o0 and -ggdb, but I did another test without any options
> given to ./configure with 0.7.52 and the problem occures there too.
>
> I don't know if Igor S. does care about it because those option are
> only for debugging, but just to let you know.

The segfault occurs with "master_process  off" only.
And yes, this mode is intended for debugging only.

As to "daemon off", there are no segfaults.
Paul (Guest)
Hi
On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:33:03 +0400, Igor S. wrote:

> The segfault occurs with "master_process  off" only.
> And yes, this mode is intended for debugging only.
>
> As to "daemon off", there are no segfaults.

I don't get a segfault (nginx keeps running and gdb doesn't complain
about
anything), but nginx just closes the connection. But know I know it is
not
my own modules/patches which screws things up. Thanks