Forum: Ruby on Rails Getting list of drives using ruby on rails

Murwath M. (Guest)
on 2009-04-23 11:08
Hi All,

I had been assigned work of ruby on rails from two days . Using ruby on
rails how do we get the list of drives present in a system ex : c:\ ,
d:\ etc

If anyone know this pls send me the code.

Thanks & Regards,
Murwath Ali Mehtar.
Murwath M. (Guest)
on 2009-04-23 12:18
Murwath M. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had been assigned work of ruby on rails from two days . Using ruby on
> rails how do we get the list of drives present in a system ex : c:\ ,
> d:\ etc
>
> If anyone know this pls send me the code.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Murwath Ali Mehtar.

Cananyone pls update me the code , as i require it urgently
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-23 22:27
Murwath M. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I had been assigned work of ruby on rails from two days . Using ruby on
> rails how do we get the list of drives present in a system ex : c:\ ,
> d:\ etc

Rails lives on the server side.  You're asking about client-side stuff,
which is independent of Rails.  Anyway, getting a list of local deives
would be a security violation.  What are you ultimately trying to
accomplish?  Perhaps there's another way to do it...

> If anyone know this pls send me the code.

We're not here to do your job for you.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Murwath Ali Mehtar.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

It  will be much better

Thanks ,
Ali

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Murwath M. wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I had been assigned work of ruby on rails from two days . Using ruby on
>> rails how do we get the list of drives present in a system ex : c:\ ,
>> d:\ etc
>
> Rails lives on the server side.  You're asking about client-side stuff,
> which is independent of Rails.  Anyway, getting a list of local deives
> would be a security violation.  What are you ultimately trying to
> accomplish?  Perhaps there's another way to do it...
>

>> If anyone know this pls send me the code.
>
> We're not here to do your job for you.
>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Murwath Ali Mehtar.
>
> Best,
> --
> Marnen Laibow-Koser
> http://www.marnen.org
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 20:23
Murwath M. wrote:
[...]
> am a java developer , its people like u who can help to move up in the
> technology . if u can help do it  or else dont give any  reply  .

I'm trying to help, but you're kind of asking the impossible here.  If
you can answer my original question, I may be able to suggest something.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Morgan M. (Guest)
on 2009-04-24 23:06
Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Murwath M. wrote:
> [...]
>> am a java developer , its people like u who can help to move up in the
>> technology . if u can help do it  or else dont give any  reply  .
>>

> I'm trying to help, but you're kind of asking the impossible here.  If
> you can answer my original question, I may be able to suggest something.
>
> Best,
> --
> Marnen Laibow-Koser
> http://www.marnen.org
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

This is really turning out to be a great thread.
Jeff B. (Guest)
Might want to try:

  mapped_drives = `net use`.chomp.split

or whatever the ms-windows shell command is that displays what drives
have been mapped on the machine (note that I haven't used ms-windows
in over a decade or so, nor have access to test, ...).

Jeff

On Apr 23, 12:08 am, Murwath M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>