Forum: Ruby on Rails rubyonrails.org is down?

Johan G. (Guest)
I get a  "sponsored link" page then i visit http://www.rubyonrails.org
.
Only me?
Joshua P. (Guest)
The domain is being parked.
Mukund (Guest)
--------------------------

Here is a dig

; <<>> DiG 9.4.2-P2 <<>> rubyonrails.org
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;rubyonrails.org.    IN  A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
rubyonrails.org.  1787  IN  A  69.64.155.121

---------------------------

and the associated whois for that IP

OrgName:    eNom, Incorporated
OrgID:      ENOM
Address:    15801 NE 24th Street
City:       Bellevue
StateProv:  WA
PostalCode: 98008
Country:    US

NetRange:   69.64.144.0 - 69.64.159.255
CIDR:       69.64.144.0/20
OriginAS:   AS21740
NetName:    ENOM-BLOCK
NetHandle:  NET-69-64-144-0-1
Parent:     NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Assignment
NameServer: HK1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
NameServer: HK2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
Comment:
RegDate:    2007-07-25
Updated:    2008-07-01

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Joshua P.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> The domain is being parked.

Could I get the raw ip address of the server for api.rubyonrails.org ?

Thanks,

Peter
Mukund (Guest)
http://www.railsbrain.com/ has the API docs.

On Apr 23, 2:08 pm, Peter V.
Mukund (Guest)
Just discovered that  http://railsapi.com/ is way better.

On Apr 23, 2:08 pm, Peter V.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 23 Apr 2009, at 10:08, Peter V. wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM, Joshua P.
>>
>> The domain is being parked.
>
> Could I get the raw ip address of the server for api.rubyonrails.org ?

not answering the question, but if you run

rake doc:rails

from your app's folder, it will build the html docs for you (with the
advantage that they will be for the version of rails that your app is
using).

Fred
chioh (Guest)
Hi guys,

Anyone know of a mirror site or site where I can download rails?  Many
thanks ...

chioh
Borja Martín (Guest)
just type 'gem install rails'

regards

--
def dagi3d(me)
 case me
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone know of a mirror site or site where I can download rails?  Many
> thanks ...
>

> chioh

Yup, sudo gem install rails

Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com

Vince (Guest)
Is there a mirror for the rails guides?

Vince

On Apr 23, 6:01 am, Andrew T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
chioh (Guest)
Thanks for answering my n00bie question guys.  I was dumbly following
the Head First Rails book and later I realised my linux already has
rails installed and I can also download instant rails on windows or
even use Heroku garden online (!).  I feel like a caveman from my
college J2EE days haha

Once again, thanks!

chioh

P.S. Does anyone know the real reason for the site going down?  Would
like to help the admins in any way I can ...
Timothy N. Tsvetkov (Guest)
D2H (DHH): "My domain registration service for rubyonrails.org has
fucked up again and parked the domain. Hopefully it'll be back very
shortly!"
https://twitter.com/d2h/statuses/1590279638
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 23, 11:27 am, Vince <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a mirror for the rails guides?
>
> Vince

If you clone the rails source tree from github you can build a local
copy of the docs.

Fred
Prabhakar A. (Guest)
on 2009-04-23 18:35
Johan G. wrote:
> I get a  "sponsored link" page then i visit http://www.rubyonrails.org
> .
> Only me?

no Ruby rails is not down , this is the best to learn in Australia.
Karel M. (Guest)
> Is there a mirror for the rails guide

Of course there is the edge version of guides: http://guides.rails.info/

Best,