Rails ActionPack tests

It is now possible to run the Rails ActionPack tests to completion
without any hangs or fatal crashes! The full instructions are at the
bottom of IronRuby.net /. Note that this is
not the full test suite (have not tried to run that yet). The result
summary for the ActionPack tests is:

rails actionpack tests with ironruby · GitHub has the full output if you want to browse
the kinds of errors IronRuby is running into. The numbers look pretty
good for now, but there is still work to be done to drive it to 0.

Actually the results with MRI are “2306 tests, 10823 assertions, 28
failures, 3 errors”, which means that there are some configuration
issues. If anyone has experience running Rails tests with MRI, it will
be very useful to know how to get this MRI baseline to be clean (or to
know if these issues are known issues in MRI or the Rails tests)

For folks who are working on fixing RubySpec bugs (and for others who
are interested too), it will be great to have your help fixing Rails
bugs. Jirapong, some of the failures are due to a missing
OpenSSL::Random. This could be a good place to start with your OpenSSL
work. Some of the bugs seem easy to spot from the output, like a missing
File::stat. Other bugs might need more digging in. Let me know if there
is

PS: Note that you will need to pull changes from my repo which are still
not in the main repo (git pull git://github.com/shri/ironruby.git
master)

Thanks,
Shri

Hello Shri,
sounds good. I will start on OpenSSL implementation this weekend. The
information will share to everyone here on Monday.

Thanks,
-Jirapong

The numbers look good. I’ve never used RoR before (well I’ve never
ever installed it) and I don’t know almost anything about it, so I’m
not sure if I can be of any help in this area but I’ll try digging a
little into those failures.

PS: yeah, I might be one of the very few who doesn’t really care about
Rails :slight_smile:

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 07:32, Shri B. [email protected]
wrote:

useful to know how to get this MRI baseline to be clean (or to know if these

Ironruby-core mailing list

Daniele A.
http://www.clorophilla.net/blog/
http://twitter.com/JoL1hAHN

I tried running the ActiveSupport tests. The results tally is :

            1659 tests, 154 errors and failures

The log is at ironruby_activesupport_test_results.txt · GitHub if you want to see the kinds
of failures IronRuby runs into. Instructions for running the tests is at
the bottom of IronRuby.net /.

Shri