Forum: Ruby on Rails how many hits per second can Rails support on dreamhost?

winter h. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 20:02
i wonder what is a ballpark number that Rails can support for number of
hits per second, if we are hosting RoR on

1) dreamhost or netfirms
2) as a separate virtual server
3) as a standalone machine

maybe even 1 hit per second can be ok if that means

86400 page view can be served per day...  if the expected page view is
how 300 per day.  thanks.
winter h. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 20:06
SpringFlowers AutumnMoon wrote:
> i wonder what is a ballpark number that Rails can support for number of
> hits per second, if we are hosting RoR on
>
> 1) dreamhost or netfirms
> 2) as a separate virtual server
> 3) as a standalone machine
>
> maybe even 1 hit per second can be ok if that means
>
> 86400 page view can be served per day...  if the expected page view is
> how 300 per day.  thanks.

or if on Heroku?  any people have experience with that?  thanks.