Forum: IronRuby Requiring standard libraries within hosted DLR Runtime

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Kevin R. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 19:59
Attachment: DLRHosted.zip (0 Bytes)
Hello,

I previously tried sending this to the mailing list (on 04/17), but it
doesn't appear to have arrived there.

I did a git pull today (04/22/09), and rake compile, so I am using the
very latest sources..
I'm trying to attempt something simple but I can't seem to get the
hosted environment do to what I'm expecting.
I'm trying to require any of the standard libraries (socket, digest,
bigdecimal, etc.) from within the hosted runtime.
Within my C# app:

var engine = IronRuby.Ruby.CreateEngine();
engine.Execute("puts 'A'");
engine.Execute("require 'socket'");

So the "A" prints as expected, but I get an
"IronRuby.Builtins.LoadError" when I am at the require.
The error message is: {"no such file to load -- socket"}

Do I need to do something special to get at the libraries within
IronRuby.Libraries?
require 'socket' does work just fine when running from the ir.exe
console...

I've attached the program.cs and the
details of the stack trace to this forum post as a zip.

Thanks,
Kevin R.
Tomas M. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 21:00
(Received via mailing list)
Do you have the right library paths set?

engine.Execute("puts $:");

If not, you can either set them in App.config of your app (see
ir.exe.config) or explicitly using engine.SetSearchPaths().

Tomas
Jirapong N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 21:28
(Received via mailing list)
Hi Kevin,
  Let's assume you have ironruby at c:\ironruby . add App.config from
http://gist.github.com/99910
  to your project.

Hope this helps,
-Jirapong
Kevin R. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 22:27
Jirapong Nanta wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>   Let's assume you have ironruby at c:\ironruby . add App.config from
> http://gist.github.com/99910
>   to your project.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Jirapong

Jirapong, Tomas, It looks like that was it. I needed my searchpaths to
be set. I didn't realize they needed to be set. Looking at it now, it
makes sense.

Thanks,
Kevin R.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.