Forum: RSpec With RSpec 1.2.4, autospec runs twice

Charles G. (Guest)

I created a ticket for this in Lighthouse (
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tick...).
However, I wanted to throw this out to the mailing list.  Has anyone
else
run into this after the 1.2.4 upgrade?  Previously on 1.2.2, autospec
was
running properly.  I suspect that the issue is related to the DRB server
detection, but I have not dug into it too deep.

Thanks,
Chuck
David C. (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Charles G.
> Hi,
>
> I created a ticket for this in Lighthouse

(https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/5645/tick...).
> However, I wanted to throw this out to the mailing list.  Has anyone else
> run into this after the 1.2.4 upgrade?  Previously on 1.2.2, autospec was
> running properly.  I suspect that the issue is related to the DRB server
> detection, but I have not dug into it too deep.

Did you update the scripts with "script/generate rspec" when you
upgraded?
Charles G. (Guest)
I did.  BTW, I ended up digging into the issue and posted a patch for
the
issue in the bug listed below.  In short, DrbCommandLine.run is
returning
nil even if the running against Drb server succeeds.  This causes the
logic
in Spec::Runner::OptionParser.parse_drb to return false which in turn
causes
the specs to be run locally.

Thanks,
Chuck
David C. (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Charles G.
> I did.  BTW, I ended up digging into the issue and posted a patch for the
> issue in the bug listed below.  In short, DrbCommandLine.run is returning
> nil even if the running against Drb server succeeds.  This causes the logic
> in Spec::Runner::OptionParser.parse_drb to return false which in turn causes
> the specs to be run locally.

Cool - thanks for the patch!