Forum: IronRuby RUBYLIB environment variable?

Andrew S. Townley (Guest)

I did some Googling, but I didn't see anything about this particular
issue.  It seems that IronRuby (the latest release from rubyforge)
ignores the RUBYLIB environment variable, leaving $: set to the default.

The only way to add local paths seems to be to use the -I command line
arguments.  While this works, I'm surprised that RUBYLIB isn't
supported.  I was pleasantly surprised when I installed JRuby and fired
it up to test things and noticed that I didn't have to do anything
different than in MRE to have it find files.

I didn't see any issues about this on CodePlex, but I wanted to check
before I entered one.

Cheers,

ast
--
Andrew S. Townley <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
http://atownley.org
> The only way to add local paths seems to be to use the -I command line
> arguments.  While this works, I'm surprised that RUBYLIB isn't
> supported.  I was pleasantly surprised when I installed JRuby and fired
> it up to test things and noticed that I didn't have to do anything
> different than in MRE to have it find files.

IronRuby is not as mature as JRuby.

> I didn't see any issues about this on CodePlex, but I wanted to check
> before I entered one.

Please enter one!
Andrew S. Townley (Guest)
On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 21:55 +0900, Seo S. wrote:
> 2009/4/22 Andrew S. Townley <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> > The only way to add local paths seems to be to use the -I command line
> > arguments.  While this works, I'm surprised that RUBYLIB isn't
> > supported.  I was pleasantly surprised when I installed JRuby and fired
> > it up to test things and noticed that I didn't have to do anything
> > different than in MRE to have it find files.
>
> IronRuby is not as mature as JRuby.

Yeah, I know... :)  Still, this is one of the main features that I use
when doing local development so I don't have to remember/retype long
command lines when I'm experimenting or running commands.

> > I didn't see any issues about this on CodePlex, but I wanted to check
> > before I entered one.
>
> Please enter one!

Done.  http://ironruby.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?Wo...

Cheers,