Forum: Ruby on Rails Any resources about rhtml study?

Wesley C. (Guest)
I am new to Rails and I would like to study the Rhtml grammar and
practice
the basic elements in Rhtml. But I can't find enough resource for my
study.

Would any guys show some great blog or documents or articles to me?

Any suggestion would be quite appreciated.

Thanks.
Wesley C..
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 22, 6:35 am, Wesley C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I am new to Rails and I would like to study the Rhtml grammar and practice
> the basic elements in Rhtml. But I can't find enough resource for my study.

rhtml is just an html document with erb embedded in it (or perhaps an
erb document with html in it).
Read up on html and erb and you'll be good to go.

Fred
Wesley C. (Guest)
Hi, Fred,
Thank you for your reply.
But I saw so many tags, such as:
*<%= date_select :p, :nom, :start_year=>2005,
    :use_month_numbers=>false,
    :discard_day=>false,
    :order=>[:year, :month, :day]%>*

So, if I just study HTML, how do I know what the *date_select*, *:p*,
:*nom*,
:*order *represent?
I means whether there are any books or documents, talking about the
tags,
such as *radio_button*, *link_to*, *select* and so on.

Any ideas and suggestion would be quite appreciated.
Thanks.
Wesley C..

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Frederick C. <
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 22, 8:17 am, Wesley C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I means whether there are any books or documents, talking about the tags,
> such as *radio_button*, *link_to*, *select* and so on.

Those aren't tags - they are methods from the rails api. At the very
least they'll be covered in the api docs, some will be in some of the
guides on guides.rubyonrails.org

Fred
Fred
Wesley C. (Guest)
Hi, Fred,
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I am looking for all the time.

Thanks.
Wesley C..

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Frederick C. <