Forum: IronRuby How to use -X:SaveAssemblies, etc.?

Justin B. (Guest)
Greetings!

Getting into using IronRuby for some command line stuff, and the startup
time on ir.exe is killing me. The command line options hint that I can
save/reuse assemblies - is that true? Specifically:

  * What does -X:SaveAssemblies do?
  * What is the effect of -X:Interpret?
  * What is the -load option for?

Thanks in advance!

Justin
Justin B. (Guest)
Anyone? Please?
Tomas M. (Guest)
-X:SaveAssemblies, -save and -load are experimental/for compiler
debugging only.
-X:Interpret runs in interpreted mode, which makes loading libraries
much faster but throughput is worse.

We are working on adaptive compilation so that -X:Interpret won't be
necessary.

Tomas

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Justin B.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid<mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>
wrote:
Greetings!

Getting into using IronRuby for some command line stuff, and the startup
time on ir.exe is killing me. The command line options hint that I can
save/reuse assemblies - is that true? Specifically:

  * What does -X:SaveAssemblies do?
  * What is the effect of -X:Interpret?
  * What is the -load option for?

Thanks in advance!

Justin
Justin B. (Guest)
Excellent, thank you!

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Tomas M. <