Forum: Ruby on Rails Forgot attachment for SWF player tracks are 'undefined'

Rubio R. (Guest)
The problem:

I finally got the playerMultipleList.swf to appear on the webpage, and I
was really excited even tho the playlist didn't show up. Loading
playlist flashes by, then just says undefined (please see screen shot in
attachment).

I noticed in my development.log the following, but am at a loss as to
how to do the mapping if that's the issue:
ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/Home/playlist.xml"
with {:method=>:get}):

Details:
The tracks don't appear (get undefined where a track should be) even
though I used the same pathing convention to point to public/Sounds
(should evaluate to
#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/Sounds just as the swf path evaluated to
#{RAILS_ROOT}/public/swf and found the player.

At first I thought this problem would be a piece of cake, but now after
trying the same convention I just mentioned, as well as the relative
path, and absolute path to the myPlayList.xml still just "undefined" for
the track .. please see the attachment for a screen shot of this. and
the current code as well.

If you have any ideas, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Rubio R. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 09:32
Rubio R. wrote:
> The problem:
>
> I finally got the playerMultipleList.swf to appear on the webpage, and I
> was really excited even tho the playlist didn't show up. Loading
> playlist flashes by, then just says undefined (please see screen shot in
> attachment).
>
> I noticed in my development.log the following, but am at a loss as to
> how to do the mapping if that's the issue:
> ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/Home/playlist.xml"
> with {:method=>:get}):
>
> Details:
> The tracks don't appear (get undefined where a track should be) even
> though I used the same pathing convention to point to public/Sounds
> (should evaluate to
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/public/Sounds just as the swf path evaluated to
> #{RAILS_ROOT}/public/swf and found the player.
>
> At first I thought this problem would be a piece of cake, but now after
> trying the same convention I just mentioned, as well as the relative
> path, and absolute path to the myPlayList.xml still just "undefined" for
> the track .. please see the attachment for a screen shot of this. and
> the current code as well.
>
> If you have any ideas, it's greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks for your time

I actually got all this to work finally, so thanks to all who took the
time to take a look !!

Rubio