Forum: RSpec [cucumber, jruby, windows] - What are you cucumber windows users using for ANSII color in your conso

John G. (Guest)
Not really a cucumber question, but I'm not seeing ansi colors on a
Windows
XP consoles.
Some googling around says that windows consoles don't support ansii
color
codes.  If this is the
case, what are you windows cucumber folks using?

thanks,
Aslak H. (Guest)
> Not really a cucumber question, but I'm not seeing ansi colors on a Windows
> XP consoles.
> Some googling around says that windows consoles don't support ansii color
> codes.  If this is the
> case, what are you windows cucumber folks using?

MRI or JRuby? RSpec or Cucumber? What versions?
(I'm assuming JRuby 1.2.0+Cucumber 0.3.0, but I need to be sure)

You need the term-ansicolor gem. In addition to that you need:

* For MRI the Win32Console gem
* For JRuby the aslakhellesoy-ansicolor gem

The latter is a gem that contains a jar, that contains a dll that
contains
some calls to the Win32 API for console colours. Funkiest code I ever
wrote:
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/ansicolor/tree/master

Also see:
https://rspec.lighthouseapp.com/projects/16211/tic...
http://wiki.github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/cons...

Aslak
Brian C. (Guest)
First ... get the win32console gem.  Also you want to at least change
the character set for the particular window using the command:
chcp 1252

It works fine for me ...

Cheers

---