Forum: RSpec How to get stacktrace for extending Ruby in C

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 11:28
Hi

I extend ruby with C .

i get error like segmentation fault when i call my client.rb

how can i get the stacktrace ?

Pls help me out

Thanks
Scott T. (Guest)
Newb N. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I extend ruby with C .
>
> i get error like segmentation fault when i call my client.rb
>
> how can i get the stacktrace ?

You can use gdb to get a stack trace, as was documented by Mauricio,
Jamis, and Why a while back.

Not sure what this has to do with rspec, though.

Scott
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 07:28
Scott T. wrote:
> Newb N. wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I extend ruby with C .
>>
>> i get error like segmentation fault when i call my client.rb
>>
>> how can i get the stacktrace ?
>>

> You can use gdb to get a stack trace, as was documented by Mauricio,
> Jamis, and Why a while back.
>
> Not sure what this has to do with rspec, though.
>
> Scott

thanks for the reply..

I m running on  windows..

so is it possible to use gdb on windows..

Thanks
Ben M. (Guest)
Newb N. wrote:
>>> how can i get the stacktrace ?
> thanks for the reply..
>
> I m running on  windows..
>
> so is it possible to use gdb on windows..

http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/index.php/GDB_...

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist...
http://tinyurl.com/dcz4b9

If I had more direct experience I would offer it. :)

-Ben
Brian C. (Guest)
Newb,
I assume you are working in VisualStudio ... Is it possible to recompile
all of Ruby in this environment? Or is it possible ot recompile your
extension in MingW?

Sorry to the rest of the group ... This thread should be moved to the
Ruby list.

Brian