Forum: Rails France How can I know site is developed in RoR?

Complitech C. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 11:13
Hello Friends,

Generally any site is developed in php, asp, asp.net, any body easily
can find  in which technology it is developed by any way like .php
,.aspx but HOW CAN I FIND SITE IS DEVELOPED IN ROR , can anybody suggest
me some tricks or solutions,

waiting for positive reply,

Compli
philippe lachaise (Guest)
Apart from the RESTful-ness betrayed by the URLs in many recent Rails
applications I can't think of any obvious fingerprints.

Thinking of it, this implementaion-transparentness of Rails application
is
very neat :-)

--
IciMarché fédère l'e-commerce de proximité
http://icimarche.fr

* timestamps on images and static files,
* authenticity_token hidden field in forms,
* fill up badly a form and look for the following Rails default div
classes names : errorExplanation, fieldWithErrors...
* try /images/rails.png (if it was not deleted ;)...

Nicolas.

Le 21 avril 2009 09:24, philippe lachaise
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> a écrit :
Jean-Philippe M. (Guest)
Nicolas B. a écrit :
> If you look at the HTML source, you can look for :
>
> * timestamps on images and static files,
> * authenticity_token hidden field in forms,
> * fill up badly a form and look for the following Rails default div
> classes names : errorExplanation, fieldWithErrors...
> * try /images/rails.png (if it was not deleted ;)...

Also :
- X-Runtime HTTP header (maybe the Server header too)
- An Etag Header for dynamic requests
- The session cookie name should look like _application_session
Cyril M. (Guest)
Complitech Complitech wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
> Generally any site is developed in php, asp, asp.net, any body easily
> can find  in which technology it is developed by any way like .php
> ,.aspx but HOW CAN I FIND SITE IS DEVELOPED IN ROR , can anybody suggest
> me some tricks or solutions,
>
> waiting for positive reply,

We are a french list here. So You need speak only french.

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
> We are a french list here. So You need speak only french.
>
> --
> Cyril M.
> http://blog.shingara.fr

Dit-il avec une voix Chabalesque ;-)
ook? ook! (Guest)
2009/4/21 Fernando P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

> > We are a french list here. So You need speak only french.
>
> Dit-il avec une voix Chabalesque ;-)

Accent anglais compris ! :)