Forum: NGINX nginx 32bit vs 64bit performance

Jb j. (Guest)
on 2009-04-20 05:08
Has anyone tried benchmarking the relative performance between 32bit and
64bit for nginx?

Would be interesting to see some numbers. Google failed me so I figured
I would ask here.

--J
Victor I. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 04:21
nginx isn't cpu intensive so doubt it would matter, would be a dead
wash.
Jb j. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 10:06
Understanding that cpu is not a primary factor (which is a good thing),
it still does not answer the question I asked.

The fact is some apps perform better in 32bit mode and others in 64bit.
I just wanted to see if anyone had done testing in this area.

--J
Igor S. (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 08:06:04AM +0200, Joe Bofh wrote:

> Understanding that cpu is not a primary factor (which is a good thing),
> it still does not answer the question I asked.
>
> The fact is some apps perform better in 32bit mode and others in 64bit.
> I just wanted to see if anyone had done testing in this area.

I ran some time ago 32-bit nginx on FreeBSD/amd64 6.0.
There was no noticeable difference in top as compared to 64-bit build.