Forum: Ruby on Rails number_to_currency doesn't work...

Heinz S. (Guest)
on 2009-04-20 00:05
Hey,

I have no idea but for some reason number_to_currency doesn't work in my
application.

<%= number_to_currency(50, :unit => "&pound;", :separator => ",",
:delimiter => "", :format => "%n %u") %>

returns

50

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
Ryan W. (Guest)
Works for me on 2.3.2.  What version/platform/etc.?  Any other relevant
details you can share?

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Heinz S. <
Heinz S. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 13:29
Hey,

Rails 2.2.2
ruby 1.8.6

following plugins installed:
acts_as_tree
annotate_models
calendar_date_select
enum-column
globalize2

Do you need to know anything else?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 21, 10:29 am, Heinz S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> globalize2
>
> Do you need to know anything else?

Have you tried disabling one plugin at a time (I'm going to guess
globalize2) ?

Fred
Heinz S. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 15:18
The application doesn't work (500 errror) anymore if I temporarily
delete the globalize2 folder in plugins.

Frederick C. wrote:

> Have you tried disabling one plugin at a time (I'm going to guess
> globalize2) ?
>
> Fred
Heinz S. (Guest)
on 2009-04-21 23:16
I couldn't find any "number_to_currency" in globalize2 (besides two
calls in a test) so how could globalize2 possibibly have an effect on
it?

Heinz S. wrote:
> The application doesn't work (500 errror) anymore if I temporarily
> delete the globalize2 folder in plugins.
>
> Frederick C. wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried disabling one plugin at a time (I'm going to guess
>> globalize2) ?
>>
>> Fred
Heinz S. (Guest)
on 2009-04-22 13:33
My I18n.load_path was overridden and number_to_currency apparently needs
something from it. After I removed that line everything worked like a
charm :)