Forum: Ruby rubytest.vim 0.9.0

Flower B. (Guest)
Hi list,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of rubytest, which is a
vim plugin aims to help you run ruby test (including vanilla test,
rspec, shoulda etc.) conveniently.

Installation
------------

Copy all files to your ~/.vim directory.

Usage
-----

After installation, hit <Leader>t will run the test under your cursor
if you are editing a ruby test file.

example:

$ cd <your rails/merb root>
$ vim test/unit/user_test.rb
(move cursor into a test case, press <Leader>t)

(<Leader> is mapping to '\' by default in vim)

You can customize the command which will be used to run the test case by
settting these options in your vimrc file:

  let g:rubytest_cmd_test = "ruby %p"
  let g:rubytest_cmd_testcase = "ruby %p -n '/%c/'"
  let g:rubytest_cmd_spec = "spec -f specdoc %p"
  let g:rubytest_cmd_example = "spec -f specdoc %p -e '%c'"

Default Key Bindings
--------------------

<Leader>t: run test case under cursor
<Leader>T: run all tests in file

I've only tested with tests in rails/merb project. Looking forward to
receiving your feedback.

Thanks,
Jan
Mike M. (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 2:44 AM, Jan <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> $ cd <your rails/merb root>
>  let g:rubytest_cmd_spec = "spec -f specdoc %p"
>
> Thanks,
> Jan
>
> --
> jan=callcc{|jan|jan};jan.call(jan)

This plugin works great for me.  In the version copied into my
plugins, I changed the individual test to <Leader>\ so I could double
tap \ to run the test under the cursor.  And <Leader>] to run all
tests since ] is next to \ on my keyboard and quicker to type than
<Leader>T

Thanks
Mike
Flower B. (Guest)
* Mike M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> [2009-04-20 08:13:22 +0900]:

> This plugin works great for me.  In the version copied into my
> plugins, I changed the individual test to <Leader>\ so I could double
> tap \ to run the test under the cursor.  And <Leader>] to run all
> tests since ] is next to \ on my keyboard and quicker to type than
> <Leader>T
>
> Thanks
> Mike

You can customize the key bindings in your .vimrc instead of modifying
the plugin (if I understand correctly :)

  map <Leader>\ <Plug>RubyTestRun
  map <Leader>] <Plug>RubyFileRun

Cheers,
Jan