Forum: Ruby Goodbye "Goodbye Ruby"

Robert S. (Guest)
Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?

I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This
amounts to spam.

Bob Schaaf
john maclean (Guest)
2009/4/18 Robert S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
>
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This amounts
> to spam.
>
> Bob Schaaf

But about the flowers, dude?

/* should've been muted a while ago */
--
John M.
07739 171 531

Timezone: GMT
Robert D. (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Robert S.
wrote:
> Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
>
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This amounts
> to spam.
>
> Bob Schaaf

We are an open community...
And BTW 90% of the threads here do not interest me, well now that you
mention it, that is terrible, that is worse than spam, can someone
please kill them!
Thank you in advance
Robert

--
Si tu veux construire un bateau ...
Ne rassemble pas des hommes pour aller chercher du bois, préparer des

If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect
wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to
long for the endless immensity of the sea.
Phlip (Guest)
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic. This
> amounts
> to spam.

Ruby's environmental footprint is off topic??

You seal-clubber, you!!
Todd B. (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Robert S.
> Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
>
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This amounts
> to spam.

A decent mail reader limits the spam interaction.  (which is a polite
way to say "fold it and get over it").

I enjoy side-band conversations, but if a person doesn't, it doesn't
take Samson to avoid the thread.  Religious allegory, yep, one should
ban this mail as well.

Todd
Phlip (Guest)
Todd B. wrote:

> I enjoy side-band conversations, but if a person doesn't, it doesn't
> take Samson to avoid the thread.  Religious allegory, yep, one should
> ban this mail as well.

Topicality has a purpose - to cultivate a crew of regular responders who
can
provide and review the best answers.

Topicality is /not/ about helping said regulars wake up in the morning
with no
feeling of dread that the forum will still be discussing some marginal
topic.
Deceased equine flagellation also helps cultivate a crew of regulars...
Roger P. (Guest)
on 2009-04-18 23:39
Robert S. wrote:
> Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
>
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This
> amounts to spam.

Gmail has a 'mute' option, if that's any help :)
-=r
Tom C. (Guest)
Robert S. wrote:
> Will someone please kill off this puerile, off-topic thread?
>
> I woke up to 17 ruby-talk messages, 30% devoted to this topic.  This
> amounts to spam.
>
> Bob Schaaf

Robert:

1. Learn to operate your email client.
2. Thread your emails.
3. Ignore threads of no interest to you (which you're already doing, if
you think about it a bit).
4. Allow others to talk about what they wish. It's none of your concern.

t.

Tom C., MS MA, LMHC - Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< removed_email_address@domain.invalid >> (email)
<< TomCloyd.com >> (website)