Forum: GNU Radio USRP Overrun Problem

Lizhao You (Guest)
Hi all,

I am testing an application, which receives data from usrp. The datarate
is
2M, and  samples_per_symbol is 2, decimation is 16. I am using  a PC,
with
Ubuntu 8.10, intel pentium 4 cpu 2.40G, and 768M Memory.
But the shell displays uOuOuO when running. I know it means usrp
overrun. I
am not opening any large programs except internet brower. Because i
cannot
change the decimation and sample_per_symbol, What method can i use to
avoid
usrp overrun? Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated, and
thank
you for your help!

Regards,
Lizhao
Mattias K. (Guest)
Lizhao You wrote:

> Regards,
> Lizhao
Hi Lizhao,

Have a look in "/proc/cpuinfo" to see your current cpu- speed, Ubuntu
8.10 introduced a frequency- scaling thing, which sometimes messes with
you and set your cpu to work at a lower clock- speed.

If that doesn't work, you could probably try to elevate your programs
scheduling, have a look at "gruel".

//Mattias