Forum: Ruby on Rails OT : SQLite or another database engine with a small application?

Cesar D. (Guest)
People,
         I have been thinking at this for long time and I do not know
if SQLite is sufficient for my application.
         I developed an inventory system in Rails -v 2.2.2 and I do
not know if SQLite is the best choice or if is neccesary have a bigger
database engine than SQLite..
         This site will not has thousand and thousand records or
visits each day so I think with SQLite could be suficient. So, can
anybody tell me what think about this?

         Thanks in advance

                 Cesar

http://www.sindominio.net/ayuda/preguntas-inteligentes.html
http://cronopios.net/Traducciones/trolls.es.html
Gnu/Linux count user #416024

Pagina personal : http://www.cesardiaz.com.ar
Mi blog : http://cesarediaz.blogspot.com
Twitter : http://twitter.com/cesarstafe
Skype: cesarstafe
Fidel V. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 10:44 PM, César <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

Hi Cesar,

This topic has been discussed before, but my suggestion is to go with
MySQL. Use SQLite only for development.

Fidel.
Cesar D. (Guest)
Many thanks Fidel. My apologizes to the list for re discuss something.

Well, in my opinion if I have to select another database engine I will
work with Postgres because I see this engine more powerful, more solid
than MySql. It is just my opinion, MySql is good but I prefer
Postgres.

Personal page : http://www.cesardiaz.com.ar
My blog : http://cesarediaz.blogspot.com
My repository: http://github.com/cesarediaz/
On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 2:00 PM, César <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Many thanks Fidel. My apologizes to the list for re discuss something.
>
> Well, in my opinion if I have to select another database engine I will
> work with Postgres because I see this engine more powerful, more solid
> than MySql. It is just my opinion, MySql is good but I prefer
> Postgres.

Certainly!

I only suggested MySQL because of the requirements you specified.

Fidel.