Forum: Ruby Ruby sqlite/gem error: Could not load sqlite adapter

unknown (Guest)
The sample  "c:\tmp'Test_sqlite.rb"   generates the error: Could not
load sqlite adapter,
Yet, when the example is executed in the sqlite3-ruby directory,  no
error occur.

Any suggestion or changes to the sample to resolve the error.

Thanks for the help,
John
------------------------------------
Windows XP SP3
Using  ruby 1.8.7,   gem 1.3.2,   sqlite3-ruby 1.2.4,    sqlite3
product
Environment set:  RUBYOPT=rubygems
PATH=c:\tools\sqlite3   ...

-----running sample----> c:\tmp\test_sqlite.rb --------------
require 'sequel'
DB = Sequel.sqlite("test-sequel.db")
# create an items table
DB.create_table :items do
  primary_key :id
  column :name, :text
  column :price, :float
end
# create a dataset from the items table
items = DB[:items]
# populate the table
items << {:name => 'abc', :price => rand * 100}
items << {:name => 'def', :price => rand * 100}
items << {:name => 'ghi', :price => rand * 100}
# print out the number of records
puts "Item count: #{ items.count }"
# print out the records in descending order by price
items.reverse_order(:price).print
# print out the average price
puts "The average price is: #{ items.avg :price }"