Forum: Ruby on Rails Email validation in controller

Hamid R. (Guest)
on 2009-04-16 17:39
hi all ,

i want to check/validate email in controller, with out using model . plz
some one help me out.

thx in advance
Andrew T. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Hamid R.

> hi all ,
>
> i want to check/validate email in controller, with out using model . plz
> some one help me out.
>
> thx in advance

Just use a regular expression, it could be as simple as
if params[:email] =~ /@/
  ...valid...
end

Andrew T.