Forum: Ruby Ruby, SQLite, and MAMP

Theodore N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-15 02:35
Hello,

I'm running a Ruby development environment on my computer and have MySQL
& SQLite through MAMP.  I am unable to install the sqlite gem, and get
the following error:

ERROR:  Error installing sqlite:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
extconf.rb install sqlite
checking for main() in -lsqlite... no
checking for sqlite.h... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
  --with-opt-dir
  --without-opt-dir
  --with-opt-include
  --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
  --with-opt-lib
  --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
  --with-make-prog
  --without-make-prog
  --srcdir=.
  --curdir
  --ruby=/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
  --with-sqlite-dir
  --without-sqlite-dir
  --with-sqlite-include
  --without-sqlite-include=${sqlite-dir}/include
  --with-sqlite-lib
  --without-sqlite-lib=${sqlite-dir}/lib
  --with-sqlitelib
  --without-sqlitelib

Gem files will remain installed in
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/sqlite-2.0.1 for inspection.
Results logged to
/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/sqlite-2.0.1/ext/gem_make.out

I installed the MySQL gem via these instructions:
http://boonedocks.net/mike/index.php?url=archives/...
but am unable to translate these MySQL directions to SQLite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--TN
Chris D. (Guest)
Theodore N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm running a Ruby development environment on my computer and have MySQL
> & SQLite through MAMP.  I am unable to install the sqlite gem, and get
> the following error:

> checking for sqlite.h... no

You haven't installed the sqlite development files, so the gem can't
be built.

Chris