Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] features.txt

Tim W. (Guest)
Hi Guys,

My nightly tests stopped working suddenly over the weekend. Not sure
why yet. It's wierd because they just look like the exited without a
clue mid-test. Nothing in the logs is a smoking gun.

Here's my question: It seems like the contents of features.txt do not
get written until the tests are done. In my current case this file is
0 length at the end of the run. Any way to affect this behavior and
force the output to be written as the tests run.

Many thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Tim
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Tim W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> My nightly tests stopped working suddenly over the weekend. Not sure
> why yet. It's wierd because they just look like the exited without a
> clue mid-test. Nothing in the logs is a smoking gun.
>
> Here's my question: It seems like the contents of features.txt do not

What's features.txt?
Tim W. (Guest)
Sorry. This is running from cruisecontrol rb:

---
  Cucumber::Rake::Task.new(:cruise) do |t|
    t.cucumber_opts = "-r features/cucumber_env --format pretty
--out=#{ENV['CC_BUILD_ARTIFACTS']}/features.txt --format html
--out=#{ENV['CC_BUILD_ARTIFACTS']}/features.html"
    t.rcov = true
    t.rcov_opts = ["#{RCOV_COMMON_OPTS} -o
#{ENV['CC_BUILD_ARTIFACTS']}/features_rcov"]
    t.feature_pattern = ["features/control*/*.feature"]
  end
---

Thanks,

Tim

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 12:26 PM, aslak hellesoy
Ben M. (Guest)
On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:41 PM, Tim W. wrote:

>    t.feature_pattern = ["features/control*/*.feature"]
>  end
> ---
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim

What happens when you run the features from the command line on the
build server?  What output do you get then?

-Ben