Forum: IronRuby [patch] Fixes for Array#[]=

Daniele A. (Guest)

I've just committed my first patch to IronRuby on my forked
repository, this is the URL for the diff:

http://github.com/nrk/ironruby/commit/7b819d65bd26...

This patch fixes 4 failures in core/array/element_set_spec.rb, namely:

Array#[]= inserts the given elements with [range] which the range is
zero-width
Array#[]= inserts the given elements with [start, length] which length
is zero
Array#[]= inserts the given elements with [range] which the range has
negative width
Array#[]= with [index, count] inserts other section in place defined by
idx

The patch itself is nothing special, but it is needed to run
ironruby-hpricot out of the box on IronRuby.

Thanks,
Daniele

--
Daniele A.
http://www.clorophilla.net/blog/

Note that the tags should be deleted once the bug is fixed. That way,
running irtests.bat will run the specs you have just enabled and ensure
that you really have fixed the issue. Deleting the tags should be in the
same commit as the source code fix.

I have deleted the tags and pushed it to
http://github.com/shri/ironruby/commit/95d1a8410d2...

Thanks,
Shri
Daniele A. (Guest)
Cool. More patches to come :-)
I'll make sure to include changes/removals of the tags files in the
next commits.