Forum: Ruby exif/iptc/xmp image metadata libraries?

Paul A. (Guest)
I'm looking for an image metadata manipulation library, and so far I've
only found a couple that look usable. ruby-exiv2 uses the C++ exiv2
library, but is incomplete (no xmp support, doesn't seem to handle
multiple iptc keywords. mini-exiftool uses the excellent exiftool
library,
but that's written in Perl, and I'd rather use something that's either
pure-ruby, or a C/C++ library for efficiency.

Does anyone know of any mature image metadata manipulation libraries
that
I've missed?

Paul
pm (Guest)
Paul A. wrote:
> Paul

have a look here :

http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/70422

I'm using it even if I'm a beginner:-) pm
Paul A. (Guest)
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, pm wrote:

>> Paul
>>
> have a look here :
>
> http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/70422
>
> I'm using it even if I'm a beginner:-) pm

EXIFR, which is pointed to in the above link, is EXIF only. I'm looking
for something that does IPTC and XMP.

Paul