Forum: Ruby on Rails Can I get multiple applications with different rails versions running on one machine?(can't activat

hei (Guest)
I did so, details below:
original:
  gem 1.2.0
  rails 2.0.2
  one application(call it OLD) running well
now:
  gem 1.3.1(for rails 2.3.2's needs)
  rails 2.0.2, 2.3.2(both exists)
  another application(just a test application, almost blank, call it
NEW) meet errors:

  /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:149:in `activate':
 can't activate activerecord (= 2.0.2, runtime),
  already activated activerecord-2.3.2 (Gem::Exception)

Notice: I can't run gem cleanup, and I don't want change any of OLD
             (including rake rails:freeze:edge RELEASE=2.0.2)
           so I just freeze New, but still get errors.
Can anyone help me ? Thanks a lot!
Brendon W. (Guest)
Have you tried to freeze rails into the project?
Marnen L. (Guest)
on 2009-04-14 21:03
hei wrote:
[...]
> Notice: I can't run gem cleanup, and I don't want change any of OLD
>              (including rake rails:freeze:edge RELEASE=2.0.2)
>            so I just freeze New, but still get errors.
> Can anyone help me ? Thanks a lot!

Does the environment.rb file on OLD contain the correct
RAILS_GEM_VERSION?

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

On Apr 15, 1:03 am, Marnen Laibow-Koser <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
hei (Guest)
Got it!
<1> cp /PATH/TO/ACTIVERECORD2.0.2/..../oci_adapter.rb  /PATH/TO/
ACTIVERECORD2.3.2/...../oci_apapter.rb
<2>cp /PATH/TO/ACTIVERECORD2.0.2/..../oci_adapter.rb  /PATH/TO/VENDER/
ACTIVERECORD2.3.2/...../oci_apapter.rb
And all works well~~~