Forum: RSpec Custom matcher, use other helpers and matchers from rspec-rails

Brandon O. (Guest)

I am creating an improved version of route_for that is more intuitive to
me.
However, I keep getting NoMethodError exceptions, so am trying to find
all
the includes I have to put into my class.

What's the best way to import the necessary classes to use rspec-rails
assertions and helpers?

Brandon
David C. (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Brandon O.
> Hi,
>
> I am creating an improved version of route_for that is more intuitive to me.
> However, I keep getting NoMethodError exceptions, so am trying to find all
> the includes I have to put into my class.
>
> What's the best way to import the necessary classes to use rspec-rails
> assertions and helpers?

There's not really a single mechanism for that at this point because
rspec-rails isn't really designed to be the basis for extensions of
itself.

Can you be more specific about which methods are not being found? Are
they all from rspec-rails? Are some from rails directly?
Brandon O. (Guest)
> itself.
>
> Can you be more specific about which methods are not being found? Are
> they all from rspec-rails? Are some from rails directly?

I can't remember everything, but first was route_for, so I included
Spec::Rails::Example::RoutingHelpers. Then assert_recognizes, and I
can't
remember exactly what I included for that at first. Then
clean_backtrace,
and I found the module for that, then build_message.

Then I gave up, and was trying to find a parent module that would just
include all of that, because it doesn't make sense I'd have to include
so
many different things to make it work.

Brandon
David C. (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Brandon O.
>> There's not really a single mechanism for that at this point because
> and I found the module for that, then build_message.
>
> Then I gave up, and was trying to find a parent module that would just
> include all of that, because it doesn't make sense I'd have to include so
> many different things to make it work.

Yeah - unfortunately, you're kinda stuck with that for the moment cuz
there is no parent module. :(