Forum: Ruby forum for C language

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Li C. (Guest)
on 2009-04-13 01:14
Hi all,

Just wonder which forum is best/popular for C language?

Thanks,

Li
Tim H. (Guest)
on 2009-04-13 02:23
(Received via mailing list)
Li Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wonder which forum is best/popular for C language?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Li

comp.lang.c on Usenet. Try groups.google.com.
Li C. (Guest)
on 2009-04-15 17:51
Tim H. wrote:
> comp.lang.c on Usenet. Try groups.google.com.

Thank you,

Li
Li C. (Guest)
on 2010-11-05 23:00
Hi all,

I install Ruby1.92(PC version) on my USB drive but I cannot install a
text editor without using adminstrator previlege. I wonder which editor
can be installed without using this previlege.

Thanks,

Li
Phillip G. (Guest)
on 2010-11-05 23:56
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Li Chen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> 
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I install Ruby1.92(PC version) on my USB drive but I cannot install a
> text editor without using adminstrator previlege. I wonder which editor
> can be installed without using this previlege.

If you don't need file associations and the like, just use one that is
distributed in a plain ol' ZIP file. I think Notepad++ and VIM both
ship this way, so just unzip to your USB drive, and run.

--
Phillip G.

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget
When I've moved on to some other place,
There may be one or two,
When I've played and passed through,
Who'll remember my song or my face.
Rajinder Y. (Guest)
on 2010-11-07 00:54
(Received via mailing list)
On 10-11-05 05:55 PM, Phillip G. wrote:
>
you can also try emacs, i love emacs =)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/350345/how-can-...

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Y. | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1
Robert K. (Guest)
on 2010-11-08 10:08
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Phillip G.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Li Chen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> I install Ruby1.92(PC version) on my USB drive but I cannot install a
>> text editor without using adminstrator previlege. I wonder which editor
>> can be installed without using this previlege.
>
> If you don't need file associations and the like, just use one that is
> distributed in a plain ol' ZIP file. I think Notepad++ and VIM both
> ship this way, so just unzip to your USB drive, and run.

There is a website dedicated to the matter of portable applications:
http://portableapps.com/news/2010-11-04_-_notepadp...

Apparently gvim also can be used that way:
http://portableapps.com/apps/development/gvim_portable

And maybe PSPad as well:
http://www.pspad.com/en/

Kind regards

rober
Li C. (Guest)
on 2010-11-08 16:41
Hi all,

Thanks for the recommendation. I download Scite and install it the USB
drive and it works.


Li
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.