Forum: Ruby Problem with case stmt alternatives

RichardOnRails (Guest)

I posted my problem code on http://pastie.org/444466.

On lines 38-39 I have the code:
    case colSymbol
      when :Status ||  :Symbol ||  :TradeType ||  :Quantity || :Price

As colSymbol assumes various Symbols as values, only the first one
seems to match.
The || symbols don't seem to work in this context.

Any ideas why not?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard
James G. (Guest)
On Apr 12, 2009, at 3:55 PM, RichardOnRails wrote:

> On lines 38-39 I have the code:
>    case colSymbol
>      when :Status ||  :Symbol ||  :TradeType ||  :Quantity || :Price
>
> As colSymbol assumes various Symbols as values, only the first one
> seems to match.
> The || symbols don't seem to work in this context.
>
> Any ideas why not?

Try:

   when :Status, :Symbol, …

James Edward G. II