Forum: RSpec Cucumber stripping the letter "a" on windows

Brian C. (Guest)
It looks like cucumber is having the problem with the letter "a" again
... a problem with handling the angstrom character and windows:

Feture: list the vilble repositories
    So tht I cn subscribe to repositories
    I wnt to see  list of the repositories
    When I go to the GitNotified site

  Scenrio: More thn one repository           #
fetures/repository_list.feture:6
    Given  repository directory               #
fetures/repository_list.feture:7
    nd there is  repository nmed "repo_one" #
fetures/repository_list.feture:8
    nd there is  repository nmed "repo_two" #
fetures/repository_list.feture:9
    When I select the repoository index pge   #
fetures/repository_list.feture:10
    Then I will see  listing with "repo_one"  #
fetures/repository_list.feture:11
    nd  listing with "repo_two"              #
fetures/repository_list.feture:12

6 scenrios
6 undefined steps

BPC
Luis L. (Guest)
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Colfer, Brian
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> It looks like cucumber is having the problem with the letter "a" again … a
> problem with handling the angstrom character and windows:

Who stole my a's ? :-D

I'm working in a new version of win32console that will handle much
better UTF and other encodings.

Once I've that released (in the upcoming days if I hit the Iconv
jackpot), Cucumber can be updated to feed it with the proper encoding
(UTF8)

Since I'm looking targe 1.9 functionality too, will be tricky get
yours a's back today :-)

--
Luis L.
AREA 17
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:19 PM, Colfer, Brian <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
> >
> > It looks like cucumber is having the problem with the letter "a" again …
> > problem with handling the angstrom character and windows:

I don't see any of you mentioning the Troubleshooting page in the wiki.
Have
you read it?

Aslak