Forum: Ruby on Rails programmatic way to find associations? (ActiveRecord)

gm g. (Guest)
on 2009-04-11 00:37
Is there a programmatic way to find the different associations that an
particular model has?

For example, if I have the following:

class File < ActiveRecord::Base
  belongs_to :directory
  has_many :comments
end

is there a way to get the list of symbols/strings that this class has
associated under the has_many association?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 10, 9:37 pm, gm gm <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Is there a programmatic way to find the different associations that an
> particular model has?

Take a look at YourClass.reflections and the various reflect_on_xxx
methods

Fred
gm g. (Guest)
on 2009-04-11 08:26
Thanks....I could never find that on my own...