Forum: Ruby RubyGemInstallError

Chandu80 (Guest)
I have installed ruby 1.8.6
To install watir these are the steps I followed

set HTTP_PROXY=http://my.work.proxy:8080(I entered the proxy address)
gem update --system
gem install watir

Now when I run a ruby script
I get the following error

ruby: No such file or directory -- a.rb (LoadError)(a is the name of
the file)

Now I tried to re-install watir using
gem install watir

I get the following error.

ERROR:  http://gems.rubyforge.org/ does not appear to be a repository
ERROR:  could not find gem watir locally or in a repository

Does anybody know how to solve this error?
Eric H. (Guest)
On Apr 10, 2009, at 07:50, Chandu80 wrote:

> ruby: No such file or directory -- a.rb (LoadError)(a is the name of
> Does anybody know how to solve this error?
gem -V --backtrace install watir