Forum: Ruby Hide "gets" method output, for passwords..

Brian W. (Guest)
HI All,

 I'm trying to find a platform independent way of hiding the STDOUT when
password is being entered via the gets method...
I was able to hide all output in Linux by using Termios , but as you
know
this doesn't work on Windows..

What would be nice , is a simple implementation of asterisks replacing
the
actual characters displayed to STDOUT ...

Does anyone know if this is possible in Ruby?

 Thanks,

draygen
Yossef M. (Guest)
On Apr 9, 3:22 pm, Brian W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> What would be nice , is a simple implementation of asterisks replacing the
> actual characters displayed to STDOUT ...
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible in Ruby?

I'm not sure because I haven't done this sort of thing myself, but I
imagine the highline gem is a good place to look.

http://highline.rubyforge.org/
Tim H. (Guest)

I think Highline will do this: http://highline.rubyforge.org