Forum: Ruby Ruby Regex

Sriram V. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 18:44
Hello,

I am working on extracting some data from a file.
Sample data in the file are as follows:

Case 1:  Direction  abc,(xyz)
Case 2:  Direction  fet

I want to extract the content after Direction but before the comma(if
present).
The issue I am facing is that the comma is not always present.

Otherwise a reg exp like:

reg_exp =  %r{Direction(.+),}

would have given me the content.
This would not work in the 2nd case.