Forum: NGINX pop3 server

androo (Guest)
Can nginx act as a pop3 server or only as a pop3 *proxy* server? In
other words, can I use it to fetch e-mail directly from my maildir
folders, or do I need to be running something like Dovecot, Cyrus, or
Courier as well?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,929,929#msg-929
Cliff W. (Guest)
On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 19:22 -0400, androo wrote:
> Can nginx act as a pop3 server or only as a pop3 *proxy* server? In
> other words, can I use it to fetch e-mail directly from my maildir
> folders, or do I need to be running something like Dovecot, Cyrus, or
> Courier as well?

Nginx can only proxy.   You'll need a POP3 server.

Cliff
androo (Guest)
androo

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,929,939#msg-939