Forum: Ruby on Rails Facing problem while running db migrate

Darshana G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-08 21:44
I have ruby 1.8.6 with rubygems support and rails for windows.

when i am running command rake db:migrate from command promt, i am
getting error:

C:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe: No such file or directory -- C:/ruby/bin/rake
(LoadError)

but c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe exists.

I'm not sure what's happening here.

Any help would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Apr 8, 6:44 pm, Darshana G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I have ruby 1.8.6 with rubygems support and rails for windows.
>
> when i am running command rake db:migrate from command promt, i am
> getting error:
>
> C:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe: No such file or directory -- C:/ruby/bin/rake
> (LoadError)
>
> but c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe exists.

but does c:\ruby\bin\rake exist ?

Fred
Darshana G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 09:52
Yes, c:\ruby\bin\rake exist ?

There are two rake files:
 1. rake file of type Windows Command Script
 2. rake file of type Windows Batch File

Is this creating a problem??

Darshana

Frederick C. wrote:
> On Apr 8, 6:44�pm, Darshana G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> I have ruby 1.8.6 with rubygems support and rails for windows.
>>
>> when i am running command rake db:migrate from command promt, i am
>> getting error:
>>
>> C:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe: No such file or directory -- C:/ruby/bin/rake
>> (LoadError)
>>
>> but c:\ruby\bin\ruby.exe exists.
>>
> but does c:\ruby\bin\rake exist ?
>
> Fred
Darshana G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 11:22
Darshana G. wrote:
> Yes, c:\ruby\bin\rake exist..
> There are two rake files:
>  1. rake file of type Windows Command Script
>  2. rake file of type Windows Batch File
>
> Is this creating a problem?
  Anybody know's how to solve this error?
  Its urgent!!!

> Darshana
Vaibhav D. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 12:51
Darshana G. wrote:
> Darshana G. wrote:
>> Yes, c:\ruby\bin\rake exist..
>> There are two rake files:
>>  1. rake file of type Windows Command Script
>>  2. rake file of type Windows Batch File
>>
>> Is this creating a problem?
>   Anybody know's how to solve this error?
>   Its urgent!!!
>>
>> Darshana
Uninstall the ruby an reinstall the latest version
There might be the problem in the file my be currepetd...