Forum: Ruby on Rails Finding record between 2 dates

Vaibhav D. (Guest)
on 2009-04-08 13:51
I am very new to ruby on rails programming,
I am using the oracle as my database,

In my project there r 2 text box fields and in first and second text
boxes i want the date field to be enter by the client and want to
display the record between those 2 dates how can i do the same, plz be
more specific

Thanks in advance,
Vaibhavi...

Not so good not so bad
Jaryl Sim (Guest)
You can do this very easily with a named scope in your model:

named_scope :between, lambda {|start_date, end_date| {:conditions =>
["created_at BETWEEN :start AND :end", {:start => start_date, :end =>
end_date}]}}

On Apr 8, 5:51 pm, Vaibhav Deshpande <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-04-08 20:07
Vaibhav Deshpande wrote:
> I am very new to ruby on rails programming,
> I am using the oracle as my database,
>
> In my project there r 2 text box fields and in first and second text
> boxes i want the date field to be enter by the client and want to
> display the record between those 2 dates how can i do the same, plz be
> more specific

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but note that Oracle's DATE
field is also used for storing DATETIME. Maybe the Rails Oracle adaptor
handles this properly, but I just wanted to mention it in case you see
weird behavior.

> I am using the oracle as my database,

P. S. I wish my application could use "The Oracle" as its database. It
would always get the correct response even if it doesn't know what to
ask. ;-)

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000765/
Vaibhav D. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 12:34
Robert W. wrote:
> Vaibhav Deshpande wrote:
>> I am very new to ruby on rails programming,
>> I am using the oracle as my database,
>>
>> In my project there r 2 text box fields and in first and second text
>> boxes i want the date field to be enter by the client and want to
>> display the record between those 2 dates how can i do the same, plz be
>> more specific
>
> I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but note that Oracle's DATE
> field is also used for storing DATETIME. Maybe the Rails Oracle adaptor
> handles this properly, but I just wanted to mention it in case you see
> weird behavior.
>
>> I am using the oracle as my database,
>
> P. S. I wish my application could use "The Oracle" as its database. It
> would always get the correct response even if it doesn't know what to
> ask. ;-)
>
> http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000765/
I used @date2ss = Date2.find(:all, :conditions => "ID > '"+ @date1 +"'
and ID <'"+ @date2+"'") and it works..
thanks,
Vaibhavi
Andrew T. (Guest)
> I used @date2ss = Date2.find(:all, :conditions => "ID > '"+ @date1 +"'
> and ID <'"+ @date2+"'") and it works..
> thanks,
> Vaibhavi
> --

You can also use
Model.find(:all, :conditions => {:date => date1..date2})

Andrew T.
http://ramblingsonrails.com

Vaibhav D. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 13:41