Forum: JRuby JRuby on Rails on Google App Engine

Ola B. (Guest)
Hi friends,

As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
Engine.
I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby works well on it.
More information here:
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-...
http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-...

Cheers

--
 Ola B. (http://olabini.com)
 Ioke creator (http://ioke.org)

Ola B. wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> As you might have heard, Google has released support for Java on App
> Engine.
> I've been part of a preview, and know that JRuby works well on it.
> More information here:
> http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/java-on-google-app-engine/
> http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/dynamic-languages-...
>
> http://olabini.com/blog/2009/04/jruby-on-rails-on-...

Ola always has surprises up his sleeve :) Awesome news Ola, and thanks
for representing JRuby. I think this really cements JRuby as a
deployment target of choice for Ruby apps now. Maybe they'll lay off the
damn C extensions a bit.

- Charlie

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to post this, I got
through it
and successfully booted your blog code on app engine.  Opened all kinds
of
doors and derailed my productivity in my day job for a bit.
again, thanks for taking the time on these posts and good luck on your
new
ventures.

http://devarboretum.appspot.com <--easy money
Radosław B. (Guest)
> http://devarboretum.appspot.com <--easy money

I refreshed 4-5 times and got at least 3 different errors before I
finally saw page. I guess GAE isn't very stable yet because I got 2
(3?) different errors that haven't been look like RoR problems and
latest error was from RoR ("Something was wrong..."). Strange.

--
Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog

I have been working with GAE to,  I would be interested to take a look
at
the errors you were getting if you still have them.

Josh

2009/4/23 Radosław Bułat <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Radosław B. (Guest)
2009/4/23 Josh M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working with GAE to,  I would be interested to take a look at
> the errors you were getting if you still have them.
>
> Josh

One of them was:

--
Pozdrawiam

Rados³aw Bu³at
http://radarek.jogger.pl - mój blog

Sorry, I pressed accidentally 'Send' button.
Error message was:

500 Internal Server Error

I can't reproduce others. You can probably reproduce first one by not
making any request. After some time GAE kills processes and that error
should occur in first couple requests.