Linq syntax?

Hi
What would be the syntax to call Linq methods?

for example:
I have an IQueryable and I want to get the equivalent out of

from user in MyRepository.Users
where user.name == “somename”

That of course is only one example, I want to do a lot more :slight_smile:

My best guess is that I would have to do something like this only it
doesn’t
work

System::Linq::Queryable.where(MyRepository.Users, lambda { |user|
user.name== “somename” })

yields wrong number of arguments (2 for 2147483647)

So what is the correct way?

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

Method of Queryable take expression trees. Ruby lambdas are not
convertible to expression trees.
You need to build the expression tree yourself.

Tomas

where user.namehttp://user.name == “somename”

That of course is only one example, I want to do a lot more :slight_smile:

My best guess is that I would have to do something like this only it
doesn’t work

System::Linq::Queryable.where(MyRepository.Users, lambda { |user|
user.namehttp://user.name == “somename” })

yields wrong number of arguments (2 for 2147483647)

So what is the correct way?

Ivan Porto C.
Blog: http://flanders.co.nz
Twitter: http://twitter.com/casualjim

I was just going to post about this. Currently it is not possible to
call
the extension methods in System::Linq::Enumerable and
System::Linq::Queryable.

require ‘System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089’
=> true
include System::Linq
=> Object
Queryable
=> System::Linq::Queryable
Queryable.where
:0:in `CallSite.Target’: wrong number of arguments (1 for 2147483647)
(ArgumentError)

2009/4/7 Tomas M. [email protected]