Forum: Ruby on Rails Creation of pdf using rpdf

Tushar G. (Guest)
I want to generate a pdf by using rpdf plugin.
Can anyone tell me how to do that?
What are the gems or plugins will be required for that?
Is there any tutorial available for this?
Is it possible to create table structure into it?
If anyone knows any URL then that will be great.
Thanks,
Tushar
Carsten G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-07 16:52
Tushar G. wrote:

> I want to generate a pdf by using rpdf plugin.
> Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Google is your friend here... :-)

> What are the gems or plugins will be required for that?
> Is there any tutorial available for this?
> Is it possible to create table structure into it?
> If anyone knows any URL then that will be great.

You need http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/ as rpdf is dependent
on this gem. The documentation here describes very thoroughly how to
make PDF's

The only other thing you need is an example of using Rpdf on top of this
- e.g. in a view:

http://railspdfplugin.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl

- Carsten
Tushar G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-07 17:11
Carsten G. wrote:
> Tushar G. wrote:
>
>> I want to generate a pdf by using rpdf plugin.
>> Can anyone tell me how to do that?
>
> Google is your friend here... :-)
>
>> What are the gems or plugins will be required for that?
>> Is there any tutorial available for this?
>> Is it possible to create table structure into it?
>> If anyone knows any URL then that will be great.
>
> You need http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/ as rpdf is dependent
> on this gem. The documentation here describes very thoroughly how to
> make PDF's
>
> The only other thing you need is an example of using Rpdf on top of this
> - e.g. in a view:
>
> http://railspdfplugin.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl
>
> - Carsten
Thanks Carsten
I have one more question
Is it possible to create table structure into it?
If yes how to do that?
Is there any documentation available for the rpdf?
Thanks,
Tushar
Carsten G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-07 17:18
Tushar G. wrote:

> I have one more question
> Is it possible to create table structure into it?
> If yes how to do that?
> Is there any documentation available for the rpdf?

You will find all you need here:

http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/

- Carsten
Tushar G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-07 17:34
Carsten G. wrote:
> Tushar G. wrote:
>
>> I have one more question
>> Is it possible to create table structure into it?
>> If yes how to do that?
>> Is there any documentation available for the rpdf?
>
> You will find all you need here:
>
> http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/
>
> - Carsten

I installed that plugin but I getting an error whenever I am trying to
start server.
"in `evaluate_init_rb': undefined method `register_template_handler' for
ActionView::Base:Class (NoMethodError)". How to tackle this problem?
Thanks,
Tushar
Tushar G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-07 17:58
Tushar G. wrote:
> Carsten G. wrote:
>> Tushar G. wrote:
>>
>>> I have one more question
>>> Is it possible to create table structure into it?
>>> If yes how to do that?
>>> Is there any documentation available for the rpdf?
>>
>> You will find all you need here:
>>
>> http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/
>>
>> - Carsten
>
> I installed that plugin but I getting an error whenever I am trying to
> start server.
> "in `evaluate_init_rb': undefined method `register_template_handler' for
> ActionView::Base:Class (NoMethodError)". How to tackle this problem?
> Thanks,
> Tushar
Also, I am not able to understand this line. "To use the plugin, Grab
the latest file and install it into the plugin directory of your Rails
application. If you are using Rails 2.0, you might have to install the
patch on the homepage."
What is that mean?
I am using rails 2.2. If I want to do that What should I do?
Thanks,
Tushar