Forum: Ruby on Rails Help to get on with jquery

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-06 10:02
What version of jquery has to be used for rails 2.2.2?
any links to getting started with jquery with rails.
i have not tried any jquery still now.i want to give it a try.
pls help me to get on with jquery on rails.

Thanks
HeChian (Guest)
You can try this:http://ennerchi.com/projects/jrails

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Newb N.

Yes! I'm HeChian :)

http://hechian36.pixnet.net/blog
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-06 10:21
HeChian wrote:
> You can try this:http://ennerchi.com/projects/jrails
>
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Newb N.
> <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>wrote:
>

> --
> Yes! I'm HeChian :)
>
> http://hechian36.pixnet.net/blog

Thanks for the reply
Does jquery and jrails are diffrent?
glennswest (Guest)
Jquery is a javascript library.
So what do you want to do with jquery?

For example you could:

Use Jquery UI for theming,
and Jquery tabs for menus,
and JqGrid for working with a Restful Rails app.

You could also do some animation effects with jquery if you want.

If you just starting Rails, I'd recommend you
try using:

Widgets/Tavnav for menus
ActiveScaffold for automatic view creation.

Feel free to look thru my blog,
http://mentalpagingspace.blogspot.com
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2009-04-06 11:27
glennswest wrote:
> Jquery is a javascript library.
> So what do you want to do with jquery?
>
> For example you could:
>
> Use Jquery UI for theming,
> and Jquery tabs for menus,
> and JqGrid for working with a Restful Rails app.
>
> You could also do some animation effects with jquery if you want.
>
> If you just starting Rails, I'd recommend you
> try using:
>
> Widgets/Tavnav for menus
> ActiveScaffold for automatic view creation.
>
> Feel free to look thru my blog,
> http://mentalpagingspace.blogspot.com

Hi..
Actually i want to make modal window using jquery..
but i have not tried ever..
so can you tell me how to start up with jquery...
i m using rails 2.2.2
so what version of jquery i should use...

kindly let me know